Don't forget to subscribe to email notifications to get all latest jobs directly to your email daily.
IBM Freshers Recruitment 2020 Across India As Data Scientist Intern. BE, BTech, ME, MTech, MCA Freshers are eligible to apply for this job. More details regarding IBM Freshers Recruitment like Eligibility Criteria, Technical Skills Required, How To Apply Online is given below.
Company Name: IBM
Job Location: Across India
Job Category: IT | Software
Job Position: Data Scientist Intern
Qualification: BE, BTech, ME, MTech, MCA
- At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology.
- By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases.
- Data scientists work with enterprise leaders and key decision makers to solve business problems by preparing, analyzing, and understanding data to deliver insight, predict emerging trends, and provide recommendations to optimize results.
- Data scientists use a variety of data (structured, unstructured, IoT streaming), analytics, AI tools, and programming languages often using a cloud infrastructure to handle the volume and veracity of data streams.
- Armed with data, modeling expertise, and analytic results, the data scientist communicates conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders in an organization’s leadership structure.
- Business acumen is an important skill for data scientists to effectively communicate their findings to business leaders, data scientists need strong consulting, communication, visualization, and storytelling skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Must have basic knowledge of statistical concepts such as probability theory and hypothesis testing.
- Must have experience coding in R and/or Python.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Advanced knowledge of statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights.
- Experience collaborating on coding projects, e.g. sharing code and resolving issues through GitHub.
Data Scientists are in demand across IBM’s growth areas. If hired, you will be matched to a team based on business demand, location and fit. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career.
- Implement and validate predictive models; create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
- Communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and provide analytical solutions.
- Use statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc. to analyze data and provide insights.
- Data analytics including identifying, retrieving, manipulating, relating and exploiting multiple structured and unstructured data sets from various sources including building or generating new data sets.
- Gain exposure to writing relational table queries
- Identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and exploit multiple structured and unstructured data sets from various sources including building or generating new data sets as appropriate.
- Create and present materials on data projects, data science architecture and analytics strategies.
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
Who you are:
- You can debug, troubleshoot, design and implement solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have a knack for analytics and solving problems using data.
- You have a strong understanding of programming languages extensively used in Data Science applications (e.g., R, Python, Scala, Java, etc).
- Start and End Dates For This Internship Are During Summer 2020 (3 months).